Hadoop is an open-source software framework for storing and processing big data in a distributed fashion on large clusters of commodity hardware. Essentially, it accomplishes two tasks: massive data storage and faster processing. Hadoop is one of the most talked about technologies in the industry and is revolutionizing the way companies do business. The reason for its invention is its ability to handle huge amounts of ANY kind data, quickly. The Volume, Variety and Velocity of data is growing rapidly each day, especially from social media and automated machine sensors, that’s a key consideration for most organizations. Other reasons include: Storage Flexibility, Scalability, Computing Power, Self-Healing Hardware, and most importantly - Low Cost.
AE believes that every company should be exploring the performance, space and low cost efficiency advantages of Hadoop. The Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence paradigm is shifting because of advances in the Hadoop ecosystem. With Cloudera, your business can achieve things that weren’t even imaginable. No more wondering how much data you can analyze, how fast you can respond to a customer, or how quickly you can launch new analytics or a revenue producing data stream. It’s time to unlock your data and creativity of your company while delivering a responsive experience to both customers and employees.
Hadoop for the Enterprise
Cloudera Enterprise helps you become information-driven by leveraging the best of the open source community with the enterprise capabilities you need to succeed with Apache Hadoop in your organization. Designed specifically for mission-critical environments, Cloudera Enterprise includes CDH, the world’s most popular open source Hadoop-based platform, as well as advanced system management and data management tools plus dedicated support and community advocacy from our world-class team of Hadoop developers and experts. Cloudera is your partner on the path to big data.
Cloudera Enterprise, with Apache Hadoop at the core, is:
- Unified – one integrated system, bringing diverse users and application workloads to one pool of data on common infrastructure; no data movement required
- Secure – perimeter security, authentication, granular authorization, and data protection
- Governed – enterprise-grade data auditing, data lineage, and data discovery
- Managed – native high-availability, fault-tolerance and self-healing storage, automated backup and disaster recovery, and advanced system and data management
- Open – Apache-licensed open source to ensure your data and applications remain yours, and an open platform to connect with all of your existing investments in technology and skills
Rethink Data Management
- One massively scalable platform to store any amount or type of data, in its original form, for as long as desired or required
- Integrated with your existing infrastructure and tools
- Flexible to run a variety of enterprise workloads -- including batch processing, interactive SQL, enterprise search and advanced analytics
- Robust security, governance, data protection, and management that enterprises require
With Cloudera Enterprise, today’s leading organizations put their data at the center of their operations, to increase business visibility and reduce costs, while successfully managing risk and compliance requirements.
CDH - At the core of Cloudera Enterprise is CDH, which combines Apache Hadoop with a number of other open source projects to create a single, massively scalable system where you can unite storage with an array of powerful processing and analytic frameworks.
Automated Cluster Management – Cloudera Manager - Cloudera Enterprise includes Cloudera Manager to help you easily deploy, manage, monitor, and diagnose issues with your cluster. Cloudera is critical for operating clusters at scale.
Cloudera Support - Get the industry’s best technical support for Hadoop. With Cloudera Support, you’ll experience more uptime, faster issue resolution, better performance to support your mission critical applications, and faster delivery of the platform features you care about.